At Livewell Pain Clinic we do following treatment
Trigeminal neuralgia symptoms may include one or more of these patterns:
1. Episodes of severe, shooting or jabbing pain that may feel like an electric shock
2. Spontaneous attacks of pain or attacks triggered by things such as touching the face, chewing, speaking and brushing teeth
3. Bouts of pain lasting from a few seconds to several seconds
4. Episodes of several attacks lasting days, weeks, months or longer —some people have periods when they experience no pain
5. Pain in areas supplied by the trigeminal nerve (nerve branches), including the cheek, jaw, teeth, gums, lips, or less often the eye and forehead
6. Pain affecting one side of your face.
7. Pain focused in one spot or spread in a wider pattern
8. Attacks becoming more frequent and intense over time
A variety of triggers may set off the pain of trigeminal neuralgia, including:
2. Stroking your face
5. Brushing your teeth
7. Putting on makeup
8. Encountering a breeze
RadioFrequency Nerve Ablation Of Trigeminal Nerve
This procedure selectively destroys nerve fibers associated with pain.
This procedure can be done under local anesthesia. After giving local injection on patient cheek, Doctor insert radio frequency needle. Under constant CT Scan Guidance Doctor guides needle in proper direction.
Once need is at proper position(on foramen ovale) on nerve we give radio frequency current to for 2 to 3 minutes, Which will destroy the selective sensory fibers of trigeminal nerve.
This procedure will take around 30 minute. Pain relief is immediate after procedure. This procedure is safer than major surgical procedure and gives good pain relief as compare to surgery.
This procedure is an USA,FDA approved procedures.
At live well Pain Clinic we do number of patient per month for Radio frequency of trigeminal nerve.